A collaborative approach: influencing individuals to begin their journey to health and recovery.
Interventions are not only for addicts but also for anyone with serious mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, hoarding behaviors, or anyone who needs their life interrupted to avoid further spiraling out of control.
It is time for an intervention for your loved one when one or more of the following statements are true:
- Family members experience emotional distress because of a drug and/or alcohol problem or a mental health issue.
- The family experiences financial hardships because of drug and/or alcohol problem or a mental health issue.
- Family and friends lie to cover up the ill person’s drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
- Family and friends are repeatedly embarrassed because of a drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
- Things have become so bad that you feel you need to leave a loved one because of his or her drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
Dr. Hyken coordinates every step of the process, from assembling the intervention team to facilitating the intervention meeting and coordinating transportation to the treatment facility, if necessary.
What sets Dr. Hyken apart from most interventionists is his clinical expertise and extensive knowledge of programs, treatment facilities, therapeutic boarding schools, drug and alcohol rehab centers and other options for therapeutic placement.