Residential Adult Treatment and Interventions
Knowing when There’s a problem
Knowing when a loved one has a serious mental health problem or addiction issue and needs more help than you can provide is difficult to determine and scary to consider. Each troubled individual is different and one’s problems may fall on a spectrum from mildly erratic actions to major personality changes. The common thread, however, is that those close to the afflicted person know there is a problem.
Addicts can be stopped. Through a well choreographed intervention with the assistance of an educational consultant, the bottom can be raised and the addict or mentally ill person can find sobriety, stability, and happiness. Further, most individuals want to be helped, but they just don’t know where to turn or how to ask.
Interventions are not only for addicts, but also for anyone with serious mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, hoarding behaviors, to name a few, who need their lives interrupted to avoid further spiraling out of control. It is time for an intervention when one or more of the following statements is true about your life:
- The addict continually inflicts emotional hurt on the family because of his or her drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
- The addict has financially hurt the family because of his or her drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
- You have lied to cover up the ill person’s drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
- The loved one has repeatedly embarrassed you because of his or her drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
- Things have become so bad that you feel you want to leave a loved one because of his or her drug and/or alcohol problem or mental health issue.
Interventions offer those who are unwilling the opportunity to enter a treatment center. Through a highly collaborative process, Dr. Hyken works with the family to achieve treatment success. He can assist with every step of the process, from assembling the intervention team to facilitating the intervention meeting to transporting the client to a treatment facility, if needed.
What sets Dr. Hyken apart from most interventionists is his clinical expertise and extensive knowledge of programs, treatment facilities, therapeutic boarding schools, and other options for therapeutic placements and educational placements located regionally and nationwide. Dr. Hyken has the expertise to help your family choose a school or program that is a good personal match for the individual, a program that will foster academic and social/emotional growth.
Dr. Hyken assists families both locally and nationwide and works frequently in the following cities: Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Des Moines, Tulsa and Louisville. He will make travel arrangements if requested.